The Indian Society of Labour Economics
61st Labour Economics Conference
7 – 9 December 2019, Patiala, Punjab, India
The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE) is pleased to announce its 61st Annual Conference to be held in Patiala, Punjab during 7- 9 December 2019. This Conference is being organised by Centre for Development Economics and Innovation Studies (CDEIS), Punjabi University, Patiala. Dr. Gerry Rodgers, Visiting Professor, Institute for Human Development, Delhi and Former Director, International Institute of Labour Studies, Geneva is the Conference President. Dr. Lakhwinder Singh Gill, Professor of Economics, Associate Dean Research and Coordinator, CDEIS, Punjabi University,
Patiala is the Organising Secretary of the Conference.
• Technology, Globalization and Work
• Labour Organisations and Labour Rights in the Changing World of Work
• Changing Pattern of Rural Labour
|Dates to Remember
• Last Date for Submission of Papers: 15 Sept. 2019
• Communication from ISLE about Acceptance of Papers: 30 Sept. 2019
• Last Date for Registration: 31 Oct. 2019
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:
- The Conference is open to scholars both from India and outside. The papers may relate to India as well as other regions and countries of the world.
- The papers should be submitted online on the Conference portal athttp://conference.isleijle.org/
- Length of the paper should not exceed 8000 words and should adhere to the current writing style of The Indian Journal of Labour Economics (IJLE). For further details, please visithttp://www.springer.com/economics/journal/41027
- All papers should include a summary of 500 -750 words. The summaries of all accepted papers will be compiled into a publication which will be distributed among the Conference participants, along with a CD containing the selected papers. These summaries will also be put up on the ISLE website.
- Those who would like their papers to be published in the Indian Journal of Labour Economics, should upload their revised papers after the Conference athttp://www.springer.com/economics/journal/41027
- Authors must ensure that their submissions are original. Please note that all papers will be screened for plagiarism and accordingly accepted or rejected. Further, authors are solely responsible for violation with respect to plagiarism.
- Best Paper Awards and Fellowship:Every year ISLE gives two best paper awards – Ruddar Datt Memorial Award and Sanjay Thakur Young Labour Economist Award – and one fellowship – Surjit Singh Fellowship – to young